1. Include protein in all your meals, especially breakfast.
2. Get rid of foods that contain flour or wheat, like bread and pasta
3. Only eat foods that haven’t been processed. Nine tenths of what you’re eating contain (in order of importance) uncooked veg, steamed veg, whole grain foods, protein and a little fruit if you need to.
4. Cut down starchy foods to one helping a day, but don’t eat that portion for your evening meal. The Best foods for this would be beans, sweet potatoes, and oats.
5. Don’t have too much fruit. No more than one a day, but only if it has little sugar and lots of fibre. Apples, pears, plums and different types of berries work very well. Typically, fruit should be consumed on its own unless it’s something low in fat like nuts. But completely get rid of fruit juice.
6. Cut down, or completely get rid of dairy for now, particularly cow’s milk, unless it’s low in sugar, like low fat yoghurt.
7. Get rid of the alcohol! Even though “experiments” say, you will not lose any advantages by getting rid of the booze. (Even wine) There are no benefits you can’t get from fruit and vegetables instead, minus all the bad points that come with consuming alcohol.
8. Stop using vegetable oils like sunflower, safflower and corn, the types you get from supermarkets. They all can contribute to artery blockage. Instead, try olive oil, applying it to your food after cooked when possible.
9. Keep an eye on the many types of fat that you’re eating. The amount of fat is probably not as crucial to weight loss as the type of fat. The main offenders are foods that have been fried, any type of butter or spread and foods that contain hydrogenized or semi- hydrogenized fats. The best oil to consume is omega-3 which you can find in oily fish or flax seed oils.
10. Drink as much water as you can: At least 8 ounces for every 20 pounds of your weight 24-7.